Sales Data Manager
As part of strategic business transformation project, our client, leading European distributor and services provider is looking for talented and experienced Data Manager who would be leading and coordinating Data Analytics & Data Science activities within Sales Business Domains and Sales Transformation Project
Project would be conducted several countries (ex. Romania, Poland, Bulgaria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia), within main categories (FMCG, Beauty, Style) and across sales channels (ex. B2B and B2C). It will be focused on sales transformation driven by digital technologies where data strategy is one of the most important ingredients.
That role gives significant opportunities to work on various Sales oriented Data projects and initiatives from the early phase to the execution.
Sales Data Manager will be leading and coordinating activities of Sales and Sales Transformation Teams towards leveraging data to solve business problems. That will Include creation of data as a service, data analytics tactics and initiation of projects aimed at optimising decision making, realizing efficiencies through the smart use of data and ultimately delivering incremental sales based on data science.
- Analysis and mapping of current and future data analytics state within Sales Domain – data sources, data usage, capabilities of sales & analytics teams.
- Analysis and requirements gathering in terms of data related needs of sales teams in cooperation with external agency and with chosen team members.
- Taking accountability for a Data Science & Data Analytics tactics inside Sales Transformation Team and Leading analytical discussions with other departments ex. finance, IT, Supply.
- Initiate and coordinate data analytics and data science projects in various areas. 1. Data analytics – usage of data for more efficient business decision making and insight extraction 2. Data Science – usage of data for sales optimization and predictive analytics (leveraging forecasting models for, ex in planning pricing strategies or sales forecasting) 3. Data monetization – creation of data-based products and applications to be sold to customers and partners.
- Understanding and analysis of business requirements to support the Sales Transformation Project, running discovery analytics to identify new and innovative opportunities for both offline sales related initiatives (smart use of data to boost and remodel offline business) and online sales related initiatives (cooperation with ecommerce team on online analytics for eB2B and omnichannel CRM).
- Responsible for capabilities building and development within Sales Teams in the Group and Markets.
- Analysing trends and providing insights and explanations.
- At least 3 years of experience in Consulting, Business Analysis, Data Product Owner or equivalent work experience on data leadership role in big organization required (ideally in retail or other FMCG sector).
- Communication and presentation skills in using insights to influence executives and colleagues.
- Hands-on experience in Business Analysis and Data Analytics.
- Understanding of Data Analytics methodologies, Data Science trends and solutions.
- Leadership and ability to manage the interdependent teams and strategic mindset.
- A high degree of comfort with ambiguity and breaking down complex problems.
- A bias towards solving problems from a business-centric lens and an intuitive sense for how the work aligns closely with business objectives.
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Economics, IT, Quantitative Methods, Data Science, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of the English language (B2/C1).